Professionals for Women’s Health partners with Christina Harter, R.N., a graduate of St.
Mary’s School of Nursing, and a certified lactation to help you with lactation, breastfeeding, and other infant feeding and care issues.
Mrs. Harter offers instruction
on breastfeeding (either ante or postpartum). She also
can talk to you about problems you face as a new
mother. You can schedule an appointment by calling
Mrs. Harter at (614)878-5266.
Meet Mrs. Harter
Christina Harter, RN, CLE provides professional counseling in infant feeding and infant care.
She is a Certified Lactation Educator. Mrs. Harter graduated from St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing and attended Marshall University. She helped establish
The Ohio State University Medical Center's lactation services and has appeared on ABC-TV's “Good Morning America” as a national infant feeding expert.
When Mrs. Harter joined Professionals for Women's Health in 1996, she brought 28 years of nursing experience in pediatrics, public health, and OB/GYN.
She has been honored as an outstanding patient educator, is recognized by Who's Who in American Nursing, and is a frequent speaker at national conferences.
Mrs. Harter lives near Hilliard with her husband. They have two children and three grandchildren.
What Types of Counseling does Mrs. Harter Provide?
Infant Feeding Counseling Services
Infant Feeding concerns and questions are very common during the first days at home. Among them:
Breast Pumps & More
- “Is the baby getting enough or too much?”
- “Am I holding the baby right?”
- “How do I make the baby burp?”
- “Am I making the formula right?”
Offers comprehensive counseling and instruction to answer all of your questiona about these and other elements of infant feeding and care:
General Infant Care and Care for Special Babies
- Instruction in collecting, storing and transporting breast milk (especially helpful for working mothers)
- Bottle feeding (formula preparation, positioning)
- Prevention and treatment advice for engorgement, sore nipples, and mastitis
- Breast Pump Rentals/Sales and other accessories available for purchase
- Electric breast pump sales and rentals
- Battery/mini-electric breast pump sales and rentals
- Manual breast pump sales and rentals
- Breast cups/shells/shields
- Supplemental nursing systems
- Formula preparation
In addition to feeding advice, you can trust Chris' professional advice on
Feedback will be given to the physician or clinic making referrals, upon client or physician request.
- baby bath
- cord care
- circumcision care
- taking the temperature
- general assessment.
She can also offer help with special babies:
Caring, knowledgeable help is just a phone call away to Chris Harter, RN, at 878-5266.
- premature infants
- babies with Down's syndrome
- babies with cleft palate/lip
Can I get Chris for a speaking engagement?
Chris Harter, RN, is available for professional speaking engagements on infant feeding and other infant care topics.
She has addressed these subjects at numerous locations across the country and welcomes the opportunity to speak to your group or organization.
Call Chris at (614) 878-5266 for more information.